A preview. You won't believe what kind of a lamington this is!
Oh God. It's happening again.
Owing to public demand (I hate you all), I will once again be baking crazy lamingtons in 2014. I am typing this on an iPad in a hotel room, so given how not user friendly these things are, I know you'll understand why I am just going to direct you to the original post to find out what I am talking about if you don't already know. (You get to bake with me!)
Now that you and I are on the same page, let's jump to the beat. Audience participation: this is a competition. I have a prize for you to win. This year I cannot decide by myself which of two items I would rather give away. So, leave a comment or tweet me @peterdelicious. The most popular item will be the one that I offer as a prize.
Potential prize 1 of 2.
Since this is a baking blog, I wanted to have a related prize. So, inspired by a recent email from my aunt, telling me I had nice bundts, I thought the Nordic Ware (read: top quality) original six cup bundt would be a perfect temptation to get you all baking.
Potential prize 2 of 2.
However, I also know that lots of my readers already have enough kit and caboodle in their kitchen to sink a battleship. So the other item I had in mind was one of the gorgeous Iittala glass cake plates I recently bought for myself in Helsinki. They are true works of art, especially the apple green version you see here. Trust me. I had no idea of the reputation that Finland has for glassware until I started flying on our new Helsinki route. I think this would be a lovely prize, since most people never treat themselves to nice things, and these beautiful dew drop dishes really make dessert special.
So leave a comment and let me know which you want! Then I can get things moving.
I will start posting my lamingtons for ten days, starting February 14. (We missed the usual January schedule owing to, uh, business and procrastination.)
Okay, the yucky part: the rules.
Firstly, the competition is open to all. Wherever in the world you are. Royal Mail will go anywhere I ask them to, dammit.
Maybe I'll just copy and paste from last time actually. I really hate this iPad.
- Come up with a Re-Invented Lamington recipe. Bake it, and photograph the results.
- If you have a blog, write a post about it (I am going to do a post linking to all entrants after the closing date) and send me a link. The contact email address is at the top of the page, or you can leave a comment on this post, with a link in it.
- If you don't have a blog, you can still enter: just email me the photo and, if possible, the recipe. I will still feature your entry on this blog.
- Deadline 28 Feb. I will post all the entries in a Lamington Round Up, and will pick a winner. Or rather, a judge I get to do it for me will. I hate the pressure so have someone in mind to do it for me.
- If you are on Twitter or Instagram, use the hash tag #lamingtons2014. Makes it easier for me to find them. I will retweet all entries via Twitter. My username is @peterdelicious.
- Have fun. Be creative!