Home About The Fame! Contact

Sunday 21 March 2010

As promised!

Sushi grass: finally useful!

I do not lie. I am late however.

Without further ado, here are my belated St David's Day cut-out cookies. The sugar dough recipe can be found here (I used the zest of a lemon to flavour it), and the way I applied the sanding sugar was rather renegade - I diluted a little golden syrup with boiling water, brushed the cookies with this homemade 'glue' (well, come on, that's what it is) and then dipped and sprinkled away.

*SHOCK* Naked Welsh dragon alert.

And I know that the Welsh flag doesn't actually have grass on it as such, but there's only so long a man can have plastic sushi grass in his cupboard without using it. Fact.

Enjoy.

15 comments:

  1. I am always up for a naked Dragon!..

    Have you ever heard of Sussex Pond Pudding?..just curious, in a cookbook i own...sounds..well...interesting.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a Cross of St George? Or a Warriors Logo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg. He is perfect! I like the touch of sushi grass. What's his name? Or has he reached the 'other-side' now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asthershe - I DREAM of making that. But even I daren't put that much butter and sugar in anything. Maybe one day.

    Dave - You know George is getting cookies. Patrick didn't, but so what.

    Sanjana - Yeah. He's gone. Poor thing. Actually, maybe it was a she. Let's call her Harriet. Post-humously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. LOVE the sushi grass touch. genius.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dragon. Always been confused why sushi boxes have plastic grass in them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you trickster! I saw the sushi grass, and thought that the sanding sugar was tobiko. That would be weird, but strangely I think it might also work somehow. Perhaps if the cookie were more savoury, and you stuck the tobiko on with cream cheese? Not sure if St Dave would approve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aha, excellent use for sushi grass!
    Nice dragon =).

    ~Kurious Kitteh

    ReplyDelete
  9. very tempting. excellent and very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant! I love it! Glad you found a use for the sushi grass.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous shape! We must have a similar sense of humor, as I've made some jokes about "naked" cupcakes on my blog before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing!!! Well done Mr P. Lucie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's a masterpiece !! Pierre

    ReplyDelete

That's what he said.

Related Posts with Thumbnails