Home About The Fame! Contact

Thursday 5 March 2015

Blueberry and Lime Bizcocho


A friend of mine recently sent me a message via WhatsApp telling me that she had one of my yogurt pot cakes in the oven as she typed and loved how easy they were to make; she has a baby and so can't exactly start busting out gâteaux St. Honoré at the drop of a hat.(Though who can?)

Anyway, it got me to thinking: we haven't had a bizcocho around here for ages!

I followed my classic (and much used - I have had loads of emails about this recipe over the years) recipe and added the zest of a lime along with vanilla extract and half a tub of blueberries, and used one measure of cornmeal and two of flour instead of the usual all flour version. It baked in a 23cm deep tin for 35 minutes at 180°C and I used the juice of the lime to make a glaze with some icing sugar.

It is a triumph.

I know I blog less and less these days, but I'll get back into it when we start having some decent daylight hours, I promise!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!
    I was hunting for a yoghurt cake recently and failed to find one that was simple enough so gave up. If only I had known I should have been looking for Bizcocho instead!
    I have added your recipe to my recipe folder, reading list and home screen, so I can't possibly lose it!
    I very much look forward to your more regular return to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks utterly wonderful! Cut me a slice please! ps your twitter button under your post doesn't work. I was trying to share this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious yummy blog post.. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely, and I like the icing trickling down the side. The better daylight hours cannot come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr P, whilst I've gone all British lately with homemade clotted cream and crumpets and that sort of thing, you've gone all international! Bizcocho was an entirely new word for me. The cake looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr P, looks lovely! Maybe when I get back into making cakes. Right now I'm heavy into breads, especially sourdough.

    ReplyDelete

That's what he said.

Related Posts with Thumbnails