Home About The Fame! Contact

Saturday 31 October 2009

I have a problem...

...I'm a pumpkin addict.

I can't stop cooking with them, baking them (just made pumpkin whoopie pies for a birthday), or even buying them. I've tried growing them (I don't talk about that. When they don't ripen it's like a kick when you're already down), and now it seems I even photograph them. Obsessively. I came across this fella in the window of The Yankee Store on Wellfield Road, in (fabulous) Roath, and walked all the way there just to take this picture.

And the minute I saw what Coby, who posts on nigella.com, and blogs here, had done with a cantaloupe melon, I knew I had to put a copy of it here. So creative! I think it's my favourite of all.


Are they not amazing? They are.

Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

  1. I dunno Mr P, my canteloupe is just a canteloupe with a face, but that pumpkin!?:) That is something else!! Fabulous:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can say what you like ('just a cantaloupe with a face'?), but it's the best one out there Coby.

    I am going to find out the name of that place in Carlton, too. It's a W.I.P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi P!
    thanks for your comment on my blog! very nice of you and if you want we can meet if you come to Paris so frequently I would be happy to have a beer with you ; that would be great !!!
    in the meantime if you like hummus in a different way come and visit me !!cheers Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I'm a "pumpkin-head" too. Besides all the pumpkin goodies I've been making in my blog (here's my pumpkin tag), I also have pumpkin shampoo & conditioner, pumpkin hand soap, and pumpkin candles. I kid you not. My BF thinks I'm nutso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right here is the right web site for anybody who wishes to find
    out about this topic. You understand so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually
    will need to…HaHa). You certainly put a fresh spin
    on a subject which has been discussed for
    decades. Wonderful stuff, just great!

    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... wrinkle rewind wrinkle reducer and recovery

    ReplyDelete

That's what he said.

Related Posts with Thumbnails