Home About The Fame! Contact

Saturday 13 February 2010

"Can I Popen that for you?"

You know when you have those days when you feel like all you've been doing is running around like a madman and cleaning? Welcome to my life.

I have been away, which hopefully explains the lack of posts. But I am back, and ready to write lots about where I was and what I was doing. But not yet. Far too busy right now. (It was Rome, and eating/food shopping though, for those who want to know now.)

Anyhow, look at this!



Isn't it just the most amazing, kitschiest thing you've ever seen? It's a 'Popener'! Albeit, an out of date one, but I was actually quite happy to have John Paul II; the Benedict XVI ones were pretty scary, and bore no resemblance to the man himself.

Sadly, I am giving this away later; I should have bought two. It's Rich's birthday and everyone needs a Popener on their birthday. I still need to sort out my costume actually. Or maybe I'll just join Mr. Other P on the sofa and watch Flash Gordon.

Yeah, that sounds like an idea...

8 comments:

  1. you can still get one here!

    http://romegiftshop.com/pojopaiiboop.html

    i'd love to get one for my dad... haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popener! Awesome! Everyone DOES need one of these. If only ceremonial wine came with a bottletop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I think everyone needs a Popener.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sell this at St. Peter's, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms. Humble: They do. A wide variety of them. Choosing took a long time. Which surprises me; it's incredibly tacky. But choosing an acceptable level of tack is difficult.

    You going to get one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe it. Kitschy AND borderline sacrilegious (like a pair of pope panties)!

    How did I miss those last time I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would totally have gone for those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! This is so clever!

    ReplyDelete

That's what he said.

Related Posts with Thumbnails