Saturday, 13 February 2010

"Can I Popen that for you?"

You know when you have those days when you feel like all you've been doing is running around like a madman and cleaning? Welcome to my life.

I have been away, which hopefully explains the lack of posts. But I am back, and ready to write lots about where I was and what I was doing. But not yet. Far too busy right now. (It was Rome, and eating/food shopping though, for those who want to know now.)

Anyhow, look at this!

Isn't it just the most amazing, kitschiest thing you've ever seen? It's a 'Popener'! Albeit, an out of date one, but I was actually quite happy to have John Paul II; the Benedict XVI ones were pretty scary, and bore no resemblance to the man himself.

Sadly, I am giving this away later; I should have bought two. It's Rich's birthday and everyone needs a Popener on their birthday. I still need to sort out my costume actually. Or maybe I'll just join Mr. Other P on the sofa and watch Flash Gordon.

Yeah, that sounds like an idea...


  1. you can still get one here!

    i'd love to get one for my dad... haha

  2. Popener! Awesome! Everyone DOES need one of these. If only ceremonial wine came with a bottletop.

  3. LOL - I think everyone needs a Popener.

  4. They sell this at St. Peter's, right?

  5. Ms. Humble: They do. A wide variety of them. Choosing took a long time. Which surprises me; it's incredibly tacky. But choosing an acceptable level of tack is difficult.

    You going to get one?

  6. I cannot believe it. Kitschy AND borderline sacrilegious (like a pair of pope panties)!

    How did I miss those last time I was there.

  7. I would totally have gone for those.


That's what he said.

Related Posts with Thumbnails